Dr Chris Pearson
Senior Lecturer in Twentieth Century History
Department of History
University of Liverpool
9 Abercromby Square, Liverpool L69 7WZ, UK
The Britain and Ireland ESEH regional group has a quarterly newsletter. You can contact the regional representative at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have announcements for the upcoming newsletters.
Special edition of the ESEH Notepad about environmental history in Ireland:
Notepad no. 46 May 2013, Environment and History, Vol 19, Nr. 2
Further interesting news are available from the UKeconet website.
Information about the development of environmental history in Ireland is available from the website of the Irish Environmental History Network.
- Minutes of the 10th Ordinary General Meeting
- Call for expressions of interest to host the ESEH Biennial Conference 2023
- CfP: 11th Biennial European Society for Environmental History (ESEH) Conference
- Address from the ESEH President
- CFP: In the world of species. Environmental humanities towards human-non-human relations
- CfA: Postdoc in Energy History
- CfP: Rivers of Steppe Ukraine: an Environmental History
- Against every form of racism and discrimination
- CFP: 4th Slovak-Czech historical-geographical conference: Matthias Bel and his contemporaries: works, texts and contexts
- Call for proposals to all historical ecologists
- CfP: Istanbul Unbound 2021
- Sciences Po PhD Scholarships: Environment and epidemics
- Call for Proposal: Small Workshop Funding 2020
- CfP: ToE Workshop “Coproduction of territories and their resources”, St. Petersburg, 16-17 April 2020
- Call is Open: New M.Phil in Environmental History
- CfP: Uniting Ecology and Civilization: Histories, Theories, Futures. An international workshop, Beijing, June 11-14, 2020
- ESEH Research Grant 2019: Winners
- 2 PhD candidates for the Project “Moving Animals: A History of Science, Media and Policy in the Twentieth Century”
- CfP: Conference “Transformative Environmental Humanities”. KTH Environmental Humanities Laboratory, Stockholm, 5–8 August 2020
- Faculty Careers at IU: Asst, Assoc, Full Professor, History, US Environmental History Professor
- CfP: Historical Climatology in the Context of Human and Environmental History of the South-Eastern Europe, the Carpathian Basin and the Eastern Alps
- St Andrews Article Prize 2019
- Diagnosis of a Planetary Condition
- Call for Abstracts – 7th Mediterranean Forest Week (Antalya, Turkey, 21-25 March 2022)
- Travel Grants for ESEH Bristol Conference – 2022
- For future historians or historians for the future?
- Five Glimpses into the Environmental History of Modern Greece – 26 January 2022
- Online conferences won’t do it. Instead of ‘sustainable’ academic history, we need engaged historians working less and collaborating with activists.
- ESEH Workshop on Grant Writing