Applications are invited for a Trans-Atlantic Summer Institute (TASI) to be held 18-29 June 2018 at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, on the subject of “Transforming Environments in Europe and North America: Narratives, Histories, Cultures.” The institute is designed to help graduate students in German and European Studies frame and develop their dissertation projects to better address the past, present, and future of global environmental problems, along with the discourses and cultures that shape and are shaped by these problems.
The TASI is co-sponsored by the Center for German & European Studies at the University of Minnesota and the University of Birmingham. Core faculty are Charlotte A. Melin (U of Minnesota), Daniel J. Philippon (U of Minnesota), and Frank Uekötter (U of Birmingham), and guest speakers include Heather Sullivan (Trinity U), Seth Peabody (St. Olaf College), and Judith Pajo (Pace U).
Successful applicants will receive financial support to cover most expenses related to the two-week institute, including tuition, housing, and most meals; access to library and archival materials and Internet resources; and partial travel support. Preference will be given to advanced graduate students working on dissertation projects related to environmental literature, history, and/or culture in Germany and Europe at a North American or European university.
Additional information and complete application materials are available on the TASI website:
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments
- 4th WORLD CONGRESS OF ENVIRONMENTAL HISTORY: Transitions, Transformations and Transdisciplinarity: Histories beyond History (Oulu, 19-23 August 2024)
- ESEH Bern 2023: January updates!
- Call for Submissions: The Bristol-Bern Prize in Public Environmental History (2Bs Prize)
- European Society for Environmental History (ESEH): Call for Nominations for Elected Positions