We would like to bring to your attention five dissertation writing-up fellowships at the Konrad Lorenz Institute for Evolution and Cognition Research (KLI), an independent center of advanced studies in the life and sustainability sciences.
- Pre-selection phase: Jan. 30, 2020 (submit statement of motivation through our contact form);
- Full application: Feb. 29, 2020.
Expected starting date of the fellowship: Sep. 2020 (duration: 3-6 months)The KLI Writing-Up Fellowship is an individual fellowship awarded to excellent doctoral students in the final stage of their PhD to work independently on research projects supervised by their advisor in their home institutes.As “A Home to Theory that Matters,” the KLI privileges theoretical, conceptual, and formal as well as philosophical, historical, and reflexive work in the life and sustainability sciences. Thus, the 5 fellowships are especially well-suited for two categories of late-stage PhD students:
- Those who have completed empirical research and wish to use the Writing-up Fellowship to elaborate on the (conceptual, epistemological, and methodological) underpinnings and implications of their work.
- Those whose research deals with the historical, philosophical, and conceptual foundations of sustainability research at the science/society interface.
The fellowship offers generous financial and career support to PhD students finalising their thesis. Fellows will enjoy the benefits of the KLI resident fellowship program and receive relocation allowance and travel budgets for conferences.We look forward to receiving applications especially, but not exclusively, from the following research areas: social-ecological research, innovation research, inter and transdisciplinary sustainability research, transformation and transition research, environmental humanities, environmental history, and environmental ethics, geography, environmental economics, political economy, history, philosophy, and social studies of environmental and sustainability research.Thank you for forwarding this announcement to potential candidates.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact KLI Scientific Director Guido Caniglia firstname.lastname@example.org.
The KLI, A Home to Theory that Matters
- Calls from NEXTGATe: Dissertation Abstracts and Writing Support Programme 2020-2021
- Poul Holm, former ESEH President (2005-2007), gets support from the ERC Synergy Grant project fund
- Tallinn Dissertation Prize: Call for Submissions
- Third NEHT Workshop 2021 Environmental Histories of the Ottoman and post-Ottoman World The Anthropocene: From Empire to Nation-States
- The Ecology of Economic Thought: Online workshop, January 2021, Harvard and Uppsala