The Department of History at the University of Freiburg, Germany, is organising a workshop on the history of the problematic relationship between economy and ecology. The workshop, titled Ecology and the Economy in Modern Industrial Societies – On the History of a Relationship and convened by Martin Bemmann, Ella Müller, and Simone Müller-Pohl, will take place in Freiburg from 30 July to 1 August 2015.
Submissions will be accepted until 31 October 2014. Please send an abstract of 500 – 750 words, as well as a short bio to: email@example.com.
A full call for papers with further details, in both English and German, is available below:
- Calls from NEXTGATe: Dissertation Abstracts and Writing Support Programme 2020-2021
- Poul Holm, former ESEH President (2005-2007), gets support from the ERC Synergy Grant project fund
- Tallinn Dissertation Prize: Call for Submissions
- Third NEHT Workshop 2021 Environmental Histories of the Ottoman and post-Ottoman World The Anthropocene: From Empire to Nation-States
- The Ecology of Economic Thought: Online workshop, January 2021, Harvard and Uppsala