International Conference Nature(s):
Designing, Experiencing, Representing the Natural Environment, 18th to 21st Centuries
University of Nantes, 6-8 June 2013
The conference wishes to question the relationships between human beings and urban nature, in France, Britain and Ireland from the 18th century onwards, with a view to highlighting how consciously men and women have acknowledged the artificial and/or paradoxical notion of acting upon nature in those centuries, especially in an urban context and as shown in such varied fields as aesthetics, literature or landscape studies.
Further details and contact information may be found in the full call for papers.
- Report of the Tallinn Dissertation Prize Committee
- Environmental History Today — full program and abstracts
- Environmental History Today
- Critical Environmental History: Power, Resistance and Justice 11th March 2021, 8pm BST
- Calls from NEXTGATe: Dissertation Abstracts and Writing Support Programme 2020-2021