Transformations of the Ecology Movement. From the ‘Limits to Growth’ (1972) to the Rio Conference (1992) is a conference organised by Dr Jan-Henrik Meyer (Aarhus) and Dr Christoph Becker-Schaum and the Green Memory Archive (Archiv Grünes Gedächtnis) of the Green Political Foundation (Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung), to be held at the Green Memory Archive in Berlin on 14-15 November 2014.
The Conference seeks to take a fresh perspective on continuities and change within the Environmental Movement between what has been declared the “Environmental Revolution” of the early 1970s and the rise of the sustainability and climate change agendas of the 1990s, that we associate with the Rio Conference of 1992. While the German experience will be the starting point of the inquiry, transnational and comparative contributions are particularly welcome.
The Heinrich Böll Foundation covers reasonable travel and accommodation expenses for paper givers accepted.
Deadline for abstract submissions is: 15 June 2014
- 11th ESEH Ordinary General Meeting 2021
- ESEH 2021 Digital Meeting: 8-9 July
- ESEH 2021 Digital Meeting: Program is Out Now
- Environmental History in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Slovenia: Developments, State and Perspectives
- ESEH 2022 and 2023 Conferences Announced