Transformations of the Ecology Movement. From the ‘Limits to Growth’ (1972) to the Rio Conference (1992) is a conference organised by Dr Jan-Henrik Meyer (Aarhus) and Dr Christoph Becker-Schaum and the Green Memory Archive (Archiv Grünes Gedächtnis) of the Green Political Foundation (Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung), to be held at the Green Memory Archive in Berlin on 14-15 November 2014.
The Conference seeks to take a fresh perspective on continuities and change within the Environmental Movement between what has been declared the “Environmental Revolution” of the early 1970s and the rise of the sustainability and climate change agendas of the 1990s, that we associate with the Rio Conference of 1992. While the German experience will be the starting point of the inquiry, transnational and comparative contributions are particularly welcome.
The Heinrich Böll Foundation covers reasonable travel and accommodation expenses for paper givers accepted.
Deadline for abstract submissions is: 15 June 2014
- Calls from NEXTGATe: Dissertation Abstracts and Writing Support Programme 2020-2021
- Poul Holm, former ESEH President (2005-2007), gets support from the ERC Synergy Grant project fund
- Tallinn Dissertation Prize: Call for Submissions
- Third NEHT Workshop 2021 Environmental Histories of the Ottoman and post-Ottoman World The Anthropocene: From Empire to Nation-States
- The Ecology of Economic Thought: Online workshop, January 2021, Harvard and Uppsala