Rural History v. Environmental History? Summer School
Flaran, 27-30 June 2012
Toulouse University 2 (Le Mirail) and the CNRS, with the support of the European Society for Environmental History (ESEH), l’Association des Journées Internationales d’Histoire de l’Abbaye de Flaran, and the FRAMESPA (UMR 5136), are organizing an inaugural summer school for rural and environmental history.
The summer school will bring together lecturers, mentors, doctoral and post-doctoral students from France as well as members of the European Society for Environmental History from elsewhere, all working on aspects of rural environmental history of the medieval and modern periods. Further information and details are available in the Summer School’s call for applications.
The organization will cover the principal travel costs and the costs for the duration of the visit. Places are available for doctoral students and immediate postdocs. Applications must be sent by May 28, 2012 to the Chair of the ESEH Summer School Committee, Dr. Dolly Jørgensen (email@example.com).
- CfP: History of War and Environmental History: Interconnections and Entanglements–Niepołomice (Poland), 21-23 September 2023
- Summer school “Environmental History and Historical Ecology of the Dinaric Karst” (Slovenia, 25–30 September 2023)
- Call for Proposals: Small Workshops in EnvHist
- Call for expressions of interest to host the ESEH Biennial Conference 2025
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments