Tallinn, Estonia, 21 to 25 August 2019
Hosting institution: Estonian Centre for Environmental History (KAJAK), Tallinn University
The Next ESEH Biennial Conference will be held in Tallinn!
To build on the discussions at the 2017 biennial conference in Zagreb, the 2019 Tallinn conference will operate under the notion of “boundaries in/of environmental history”, and will expand the idea of natures in-between to reach out for boundaries between humans and non-humans, environment and technologies, transcorporeality, transboundary agents, planetary boundaries as well as disciplinary boundaries and boundaries of science and arts, activism, popular science, etc. We are excited to have Prof. Finn Arne Jørgensen as the head of Programme Committee.
ESEH Tallinn team has committed to an ambitious diversification policy that seeks to encourage different session formats that diversify the ways we transmit knowledge, and promote gender and age balance at our conference. We are also dedicated to seeking low-cost accommodation for participants with limited financial support. If you still cannot make it to Tallinn, don’t worry – we are hoping to live-stream some of the sessions!
For more information about the conference and the venue, visit https://www.tlu.ee/eseh2019.
See you in Tallinn!
Local organizing committee
Prof. Ulrike Plath (University of Tallinn)
Prof. Karsten Brüggemann (Tallinn University)
Prof. Tiiu Koff (Tallinn University)
Ass. Prof. Linda Kaljundi (Tallinn University)
Dr. Kati Lindström (KTH Royal Institute of Technology/ University of Tartu)
Ass. Prof. Marten Seppel (University of Tartu)
Dr. Erki Tammiksaar (Estonian University of Life Sciences and University of Tartu)
Dr. Kadri Tüür (Tallinn University and University of Tartu)
MA Liisi Jääts (Estonian National Museum)
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments
- 4th WORLD CONGRESS OF ENVIRONMENTAL HISTORY: Transitions, Transformations and Transdisciplinarity: Histories beyond History (Oulu, 19-23 August 2024)
- ESEH Bern 2023: January updates!
- Call for Submissions: The Bristol-Bern Prize in Public Environmental History (2Bs Prize)
- European Society for Environmental History (ESEH): Call for Nominations for Elected Positions