The International Committee for the History of Technology (ICOHTEC) will organise two symposia next two summers and both of them will deal with environmental topics among other issues. The first one will be the organisation’s 39th symposium and will be held in Barcelona, Spain, 10 – 14 July 2012. The main theme of the meeting is broad and titled “Technology, the Arts and Industrial Culture” and one of the subthemes is “Technology in Making Environmental Atmospheres”.
Further information you find at: http://www.icohtec.org/annual-meeting-2012.html.
More than 200 paper proposals have already been received and they are dealing with various themes from engineering, design and education to architecture, urban planning, city landscapes, forest history and environmental issues. Further session, paper and poster proposal are welcome to the deadline of 12 February 2012.
Travel grants of 350 Euros will be available for young scholars.
The second symposium will take place in Manchester, U.K., 22 – 28 July 2013. There the symposium is organised as a conjunction the World Congress of Science, Technology and Medicine. The main theme of this congress is “Knowledge at Work” and ICOHTEC encourages proposals for sessions dealing with the history of technology within this broad framework to its symposium. The ICOHTEC’s suggests focusing on ten subthemes and one of them is “Technical Knowledge and Environmental Improvement.”
Call for Papers and online submission form is available at:
Session and paper proposals can be submitted to 15 March 2012.
- Summer school “Environmental History and Historical Ecology of the Dinaric Karst” (Slovenia, 25–30 September 2023)
- Call for Proposals: Small Workshops in EnvHist
- Call for expressions of interest to host the ESEH Biennial Conference 2025
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments
- 4th WORLD CONGRESS OF ENVIRONMENTAL HISTORY: Transitions, Transformations and Transdisciplinarity: Histories beyond History (Oulu, 19-23 August 2024)