Gender remains an under-developed area of inquiry in environmental history. Despite Carolyn Merchant’s provocative 1990 article on gender and environment in the Journal of American History, little has happened to address this fact. This workshop aims to bring together scholars working in this area in order to advance the study of gender in environmental history. We hope to attract submissions which cover a range of time periods and diverse geographical areas.
Furthermore, we hope that participants will engage with some of the theoretical challenges of gendering environmental history.
For more information, please read the attached CfP or check out the event website.
The deadline for proposals is 15 February 2018. Please send abstracts of 300 words outlining your topic and the contribution of your paper to the field of environmental history sent to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 11th ESEH Ordinary General Meeting 2021
- ESEH 2021 Digital Meeting: 8-9 July
- ESEH 2021 Digital Meeting: Program is Out Now
- Environmental History in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Slovenia: Developments, State and Perspectives
- ESEH 2022 and 2023 Conferences Announced