In celebration of the ESEH conference in Zagreb, from 28 June to 2 July 2017, White Horse Press is excited to present the first Special Virtual Edition of Environment and History. The collection is available to download at absolutely no cost in both PDF format (3.8 MB, suitable for laptops and ipads) and epub format (1.9 MB, readable using ibooks and other mobile apps).
If you don’t want to download the whole issue, there is a summary PDF (a much smaller file, containing the introductory essays and links to the papers on the IngentaConnect platform – subscription required).
The Special Virtual Edition assembles 15 papers from the Environment and History archives (1995–2017) that reflect on the conference’s theme of ‘Natures in between’, with an introduction by E&H editor Karen Jones and commentaries by the Chair of the conference programme committee, Marco Armiero, and ESEH President Dolly Jørgensen. This substantial free sampler will introduce new readers to the extraordinary range of scholarship published by Environment and History and remind those already familiar with the journal of our position at the forefront of this dynamic and ever-expanding field.
- Report of the Tallinn Dissertation Prize Committee
- Environmental History Today — full program and abstracts
- Environmental History Today
- Critical Environmental History: Power, Resistance and Justice 11th March 2021, 8pm BST
- Calls from NEXTGATe: Dissertation Abstracts and Writing Support Programme 2020-2021