The International Committee for the History of Technology (ICOHTEC) will held its 45th symposium in Saint-Étienne, South-East France. The venue will be the Jean Monnet University. In this annual meeting, presenters representing various disciplines will examine the relations and tensions between the past and future. Interactions between the environment and technology are also included in the subthemes. The symposium is open to presentations dealing with any epoch of history and any region of the world. In this meeting, ICOHTEC will also celebrate its 50th anniversary. The organization was established in Paris in 1968 to promote international dialogues over borders during the Cold War. ICOHTEC is the global organization in the field.
The deadline for session, paper and poster submissions is Monday 5 February 2018.
Dates of the symposium are 17 – 21 July 2018.
Travel grants are available for young career scholars.
The complete Call for Papers is available via the link:
On behalf of the ICOHTEC Programme Committee
Professor of Economic and Social History Turku School of Economics University of Turku Tel. +358-400 798409
Call for Papers to next ICOHTEC symposium: http://www.icohtec.org/annual-meeting-2018-cfp.html
- Calls from NEXTGATe: Dissertation Abstracts and Writing Support Programme 2020-2021
- Poul Holm, former ESEH President (2005-2007), gets support from the ERC Synergy Grant project fund
- Tallinn Dissertation Prize: Call for Submissions
- Third NEHT Workshop 2021 Environmental Histories of the Ottoman and post-Ottoman World The Anthropocene: From Empire to Nation-States
- The Ecology of Economic Thought: Online workshop, January 2021, Harvard and Uppsala