Christoph Becker-Schaum (Heinrich-Boell-Foundation), Jan-Henrik Meyer (Copenhagen/HoNESt) and Marianne Zepp (Heinrich-Boell-Foundation) are convening the international conference Chernobyl – Turning Point or Catalyst? Changing Practices, Structures and Perceptions in Environmental Policy and Politics (1970s-1990s) which will take place at the Heinrich-Boell-Foundation (HBS) in Berlin, Germany, on 2-3 December 2016.
This conference provides important insights on the nexus and relations between nuclear energy, society and politics in Europe East and West, as well as the impact of the Chernobyl accident on the development and change in environmental policy in Europe.
The full programme is available for download.
If you want to attend you are invited to register by 30 November 2016 on the website of the Heinrich-Boell-Foundation.
- CfP: History of War and Environmental History: Interconnections and Entanglements–Niepołomice (Poland), 21-23 September 2023
- Summer school “Environmental History and Historical Ecology of the Dinaric Karst” (Slovenia, 25–30 September 2023)
- Call for Proposals: Small Workshops in EnvHist
- Call for expressions of interest to host the ESEH Biennial Conference 2025
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments