Since 2001 ESEH organises biennial environmental history conferences. The conferences bring together scholars and scientists from all over Europe and beyond. The links on this page take you to the programme, abstracts and other material related to past conferences.
- First ESEH conference, St Andrews, Scotland, September 2001. – Environmental History: problems and potential
- Second ESEH conference, Prague, Czechia, September 2003 – Dealing with Diversity
- Third ESEH conference, Florence, Italy, February 2005 – History and Sustainability
- Fourth ESEH conference, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, June 2007 – Environmental Connections: Europe and the wider world
- Sixth ESEH conference, Turku, Finland, June-July 2011 – Encounters of Sea and Land
- Seventh ESEH conference, Munich, Germany, August 2013 – Circulating Natures: Water—Food—Energy
- Eighth ESEH conference, Versailles, France, June-July 2015 – Greening History