Prof. Poul Holm, former ESEH President (2005-2007), together with Dr. James H. Barrett, Assistant Prof. Cristina Brito, and Assistant Prof. Francis Ludlow received an outstanding grant support from the European Research Council (ERC). Their research group will conduct the project titled “Human History of Marine Life: Extraction, Knowledge, Drivers & Consumption of Marine Resources, c.100 BCE to c.1860 CE (4-OCEANS)”.
The project will examine the significance of marine exploitation to human society looking at selected major socio-economic, cultural, and environmental forces which constrained or enabled marine exploitation. It will also explore the societal consequences of marine resource exploitation. The project is expected to significantly increase ocean literacy by understanding the roles of oceans in human societies.
For more information, please, visit the website of ERC Magazine.
The European Society for Environmental History congratulates Prof. Holm and his colleagues and wishes them an enjoyable research!
- 11th ESEH Ordinary General Meeting 2021
- ESEH 2021 Digital Meeting: 8-9 July
- ESEH 2021 Digital Meeting: Program is Out Now
- Environmental History in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Slovenia: Developments, State and Perspectives
- ESEH 2022 and 2023 Conferences Announced