The ESEH Research Grant was created to assist outstanding PhD graduate students and recent PhD graduates in completing their research in environmental history. The grant provides a single payment of EUR 500 for research and travel in the field of environmental history, without geographical or chronological restriction.
Students enrolled in any PhD program worldwide are eligible to apply, as are those who earned a PhD in 2014 or 2015. The funds must be used to support archival or other field-based research and travel during 2016.
To apply, you should submit the following two documents:
- A 1-2 pages proposal (double-spaced, 12 pt font) explaining your overall project and what specific research activities you will undertake with the funds if granted. You are encouraged to include a budget overview for the specific research activity; where applicable indicate other sources of funding for amounts over EURO 500;
- A brief curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages).
Files in PDF-format are preferred, but Word-compatible formats are also acceptable.
Applications will be accepted until 1 December 2015. Notifications will be sent out by the end of this year.
Please submit all files to: Liesbeth van de Grift, Chair of the ESEH Research Fellowship Committee, email@example.com.
- Calls from NEXTGATe: Dissertation Abstracts and Writing Support Programme 2020-2021
- Poul Holm, former ESEH President (2005-2007), gets support from the ERC Synergy Grant project fund
- Tallinn Dissertation Prize: Call for Submissions
- Third NEHT Workshop 2021 Environmental Histories of the Ottoman and post-Ottoman World The Anthropocene: From Empire to Nation-States
- The Ecology of Economic Thought: Online workshop, January 2021, Harvard and Uppsala