The ESEH Research Grant was created to assist outstanding PhD graduate students and recent PhD graduates in completing their research in environmental history. The grant provides a single payment of €500 for research and travel in the field of environmental history, without geographical or chronological restriction.
Students enrolled in any PhD program worldwide are eligible to apply, as are those who earned a PhD in 2015 or 2016. The funds must be used to support archival or other field-based research and travel during 2017.
To apply, you should submit the following two documents:
- A 1-2 pages proposal (double-spaced, 12 pt font) explaining your overall project and what specific research activities you will undertake with the funds if granted. You are encouraged to include a budget overview for the specific research activity; where applicable indicate other sources of funding for amounts over EUR 500.
- A brief curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages)
Files in PDF-format are preferred, but Word-compatible formats are also acceptable.
Applications will be accepted until 1 December 2016. Notifications will be sent out by the end of this year.
Please submit all files to: Liesbeth van de Grift, Chair of the ESEH Research Fellowship Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 11th ESEH Ordinary General Meeting 2021
- ESEH 2021 Digital Meeting: 8-9 July
- ESEH 2021 Digital Meeting: Program is Out Now
- Environmental History in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Slovenia: Developments, State and Perspectives
- ESEH 2022 and 2023 Conferences Announced