The ESEH Research Grant is aimed at offering doctoral students and recent post-docs funding useful to complete their research in environmental history.
ESEH Research Grant 2017
The ESEH Research Grant was created to assist outstanding PhD graduate students and recent PhD graduates in completing their research in environmental history. The grant provides a single payment of €500 for research and travel in the field of environmental history, without geographical or chronological restriction. TWO such grants are expected to be awarded in 2018.
Students enrolled in any PhD program worldwide are eligible to apply, as are those who earned a PhD in 2016 or 2017. The funds must be used to support archival or other field-based research and travel during 2018.
To apply, you should submit the following two documents as a SINGLE file, labeled with your last name first (please place “ESEH research grant” in subject line):
- A 1-2 pages proposal (double-spaced, 12 pt font) explaining your overall project and what specific research activities you will undertake with the funds if granted. You are encouraged to include a budget overview for the specific research activity; where applicable indicate other sources of funding for amounts over EURO 500;
- A brief curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages).
Files in PDF-format are preferred, but Word-compatible formats are also acceptable.
Applications will be accepted until 1 December 2017. Notifications will be sent out by the end of this year.
Please submit all files to: Marcus Hall, Chair of the ESEH Research Fellowship Committee, email@example.com.
- Environmental History in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Slovenia: Developments, State and Perspectives
- ESEH 2022 and 2023 Conferences Announced
- CfP: Next ASEH Conference: Disaster and Renewal
- CfP: Second Baltic Conference on the Environmental Humanities and Social Sciences (BALTEHUMS II)
- CfA: ESEH Research Grant