The Publication prize 2007 was awarded to David Moon of Durham University for his article ‘The environmental history of the Russian steppes: Vasilii Dokuchaev and the harvest failure of 1891’, Transactions of the Royal Historical Society 15 (2005), pp. 149-174. The prize which was sponsored by the German Historical Institute, Washington D.C., was handed to the laureate in a ceremony during the conference dinner of the ESEH Biannual Conference on Friday 8th June 2007 at Zoo Artis restaurant, Amsterdam. In his awards speech Christof Mauch (University of Munich, formerly GHI), chair of the publication prize committee, pointed out that David Moon had brought to the attention of environmental historians an area of the world of global significance. He praised the longue durée approach and pointed out that the article was of special political relevance today, as it discusses the role of scientists and politicians in dealing with ecology. The other members of the publication price committee were Fiona Watson (University of Stirling) and Lajos Racz (Szeged University).
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments
- 4th WORLD CONGRESS OF ENVIRONMENTAL HISTORY: Transitions, Transformations and Transdisciplinarity: Histories beyond History (Oulu, 19-23 August 2024)
- ESEH Bern 2023: January updates!
- Call for Submissions: The Bristol-Bern Prize in Public Environmental History (2Bs Prize)
- European Society for Environmental History (ESEH): Call for Nominations for Elected Positions