Shortly after returning from the ESEH conference in Zagreb, ESEH member Alasdair Ross, Reader in Environmental History at Stirling, was diagnosed with aggressive cancer and, sadly, received news only yesterday that he has just weeks to live. A group of colleagues and friends at Stirling, elsewhere in the UK and in Canada and the USA had started to get together papers for a celebratory volume which we had hoped to present to him as a bound draft, but it is now unlikely that he will live that long.
Because of the short time frame, the tribute pages and contents list will be put together and given to Alasdair immediately. If you would like to have your name added to the tabula congratulatoria (the extended list of colleagues who want to honour him), you can email Mike Penman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Richard Oram (email@example.com). Mike and Richard are also setting up a place for donations to be made in Ally’s honour through the university so they can provide information about that option.
- 11th ESEH Ordinary General Meeting 2021
- ESEH 2021 Digital Meeting: 8-9 July
- ESEH 2021 Digital Meeting: Program is Out Now
- Environmental History in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Slovenia: Developments, State and Perspectives
- ESEH 2022 and 2023 Conferences Announced