The European Society for Environmental History (ESEH) welcomes submissions for its Best Article Prize. The prize is intended to identify and encourage innovative and well written research in the field of environmental history of Europe. It will be awarded to an article published in 2011 or 2012. Applications are welcomed from senior and junior scholars from all countries, even though some preference may be given to junior scholars from Europe. The prize will be awarded at the 7th ESEH Conference, 20-24 August 2013, in Munich, Germany.
The ESEH publication prize is intended for an article on any subject in European environmental history and in any European languages. The winner will receive a money prize worth of Euro 500 as well as travel grant (if needed) to attend 7th ESEH Conference, 20-24 August 2013, in Munich, Germany. Applicants are asked to submit their published article (including book chapters that are read as stand-alone work) by e-mail as a PDF-file to email@example.com. If the language of publication is not English, applicants should include a one-page English summary.
Complete applications must be received by 1 May 2013. The winner will be contacted in the end of June 2013.
ESEH Best article Prize
Dr Richard Hölzl
Seminar for Modern and Medieval History
- CfP: History of War and Environmental History: Interconnections and Entanglements–Niepołomice (Poland), 21-23 September 2023
- Summer school “Environmental History and Historical Ecology of the Dinaric Karst” (Slovenia, 25–30 September 2023)
- Call for Proposals: Small Workshops in EnvHist
- Call for expressions of interest to host the ESEH Biennial Conference 2025
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments