Research on the complex relationships between the environment and society can only be carried out on an interdisciplinary basis. The doctoral program Environment and Society at the Rachel Carson Center in Munich is therefore aimed at graduates from the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences who wish to research questions concerning the nature/culture/environment interface.
Please submit your application by 1 December 2013.
For further information on the doctoral program Environment and Society, including application details and FAQ, see the full call for candidates below, visit the homepage, or contact the PhD Program Coordinator vie email.
- Report of the Tallinn Dissertation Prize Committee
- Environmental History Today — full program and abstracts
- Environmental History Today
- Critical Environmental History: Power, Resistance and Justice 11th March 2021, 8pm BST
- Calls from NEXTGATe: Dissertation Abstracts and Writing Support Programme 2020-2021