Research on the complex relationships between the environment and society can only be carried out on an interdisciplinary basis. The doctoral program Environment and Society at the Rachel Carson Center in Munich is therefore aimed at graduates from the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences who wish to research questions concerning the nature/culture/environment interface.
Please submit your application by 1 December 2013.
For further information on the doctoral program Environment and Society, including application details and FAQ, see the full call for candidates below, visit the homepage, or contact the PhD Program Coordinator vie email.
- Calls from NEXTGATe: Dissertation Abstracts and Writing Support Programme 2020-2021
- Poul Holm, former ESEH President (2005-2007), gets support from the ERC Synergy Grant project fund
- Tallinn Dissertation Prize: Call for Submissions
- Third NEHT Workshop 2021 Environmental Histories of the Ottoman and post-Ottoman World The Anthropocene: From Empire to Nation-States
- The Ecology of Economic Thought: Online workshop, January 2021, Harvard and Uppsala