The International Committee for the History of Technology (ICOHTEC) will held its 45th symposium in Saint-Étienne, South-East France. The venue will be the Jean Monnet University. In this annual meeting, presenters representing various disciplines will examine the relations and tensions between the past and future. Interactions between the environment and technology are also included in the subthemes. The symposium is open to presentations dealing with any epoch of history and any region of the world. In this meeting, ICOHTEC will also celebrate its 50th anniversary. The organization was established in Paris in 1968 to promote international dialogues over borders during the Cold War. ICOHTEC is the global organization in the field.
The deadline for session, paper and poster submissions is Monday 5 February 2018.
Dates of the symposium are 17 – 21 July 2018.
Travel grants are available for young career scholars.
Please find the complete Call for Papers here:
- 11th ESEH Ordinary General Meeting 2021
- ESEH 2021 Digital Meeting: 8-9 July
- ESEH 2021 Digital Meeting: Program is Out Now
- Environmental History in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Slovenia: Developments, State and Perspectives
- ESEH 2022 and 2023 Conferences Announced