Deadline for proposals for ASEH’s 2013 conference is fast approaching
On behalf of the program and local arrangement committees for the ASEH 2013 Conference taking place in Toronto 3-6 April, we would like to encourage scholars from all disciplines with an interest in historical relationships between nature and society to submit panels or roundtable proposals by
15 June22 June 2012.
We are anticipating a lively and convivial gathering in one of the America’s most dynamic cities. The conference theme “Confluences, Crossings, and Power” calls attention to the ways that scholarly inquiries into human – environment relationships merge, intersect, and challenge anthropocentric approaches to history. We are eager for panels, roundtables, or posters that share original research, offer incisive syntheses of what the field has accomplished, or provoke scholars to consider what remains to be done.
The conference will be held in Toronto’s historic Fairmont Royal York hotel, a splendid railway hotel built in the 1920s. In addition, attendees will be able to participate in field trips to sites of interest in the Greater Toronto area, including Hamilton harbour, the McMichael collection of Canadian art, aboriginal archaeological sites in Toronto, and Niagara Falls.
Don’t hesitate to direct questions to the program committee. For more info, see the call for proposals.
Colin Coates (York University) and John Soluri (Carnegie Mellon University)
- CfP: History of War and Environmental History: Interconnections and Entanglements–Niepołomice (Poland), 21-23 September 2023
- Summer school “Environmental History and Historical Ecology of the Dinaric Karst” (Slovenia, 25–30 September 2023)
- Call for Proposals: Small Workshops in EnvHist
- Call for expressions of interest to host the ESEH Biennial Conference 2025
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments