Istanbul Research Institute and Pera Museum organize Istanbul Unbound: Environmental Approaches to the City, an international conference that seeks to offer new insights on the complex layers of Istanbul’s urban landscape, to be held in April 8-11, 2021, at the Pera Museum. It brings together innovative studies in the field of environmental history, political ecology, and critical art studies that utilize transdisciplinary methods and transcend predetermined scales and clearly delineated boundaries between the histories and stories of humans, nonhumans, and the built environment. Istanbul Unbound is organized in collaboration with Heinrich Böll Stiftung-Turkey, and through partnerships with birbuçuk, IstanbuLab, and Occupy Climate Change! A selection of the papers presented in the conference will be published in a special issue of YILLIK: Annual of Istanbul Studies.
The deadline to send paper abstracts is September 1, 2020.
- CfP: History of War and Environmental History: Interconnections and Entanglements–Niepołomice (Poland), 21-23 September 2023
- Summer school “Environmental History and Historical Ecology of the Dinaric Karst” (Slovenia, 25–30 September 2023)
- Call for Proposals: Small Workshops in EnvHist
- Call for expressions of interest to host the ESEH Biennial Conference 2025
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments