The Center for Ecological History at Renmin University of China and the Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society in Munich are organizing a conference titled Manufacturing Landscapes: Nature and Technology in Environmental History. The conference will be held on 28-31 May 2015 at Renmin University in Beijing.
The conveners are looking for papers on such topics as, for example, the transformation of plants, animals, and genes into “organic machines,” the impact of water or electric power production on natural systems, mining as an intervention in nature, the perception of nature through the changing lens of technology and innovation, and the ecology of industrialization.
The deadline for consideration is 1 January 2015.
Further details are available in the full call for papers below.
- Report of the Tallinn Dissertation Prize Committee
- Environmental History Today — full program and abstracts
- Environmental History Today
- Critical Environmental History: Power, Resistance and Justice 11th March 2021, 8pm BST
- Calls from NEXTGATe: Dissertation Abstracts and Writing Support Programme 2020-2021