The Center for Ecological History at Renmin University of China and the Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society in Munich are organizing a conference titled Manufacturing Landscapes: Nature and Technology in Environmental History. The conference will be held on 28-31 May 2015 at Renmin University in Beijing.
The conveners are looking for papers on such topics as, for example, the transformation of plants, animals, and genes into “organic machines,” the impact of water or electric power production on natural systems, mining as an intervention in nature, the perception of nature through the changing lens of technology and innovation, and the ecology of industrialization.
The deadline for consideration is 1 January 2015.
Further details are available in the full call for papers below.
- CfP: History of War and Environmental History: Interconnections and Entanglements–Niepołomice (Poland), 21-23 September 2023
- Summer school “Environmental History and Historical Ecology of the Dinaric Karst” (Slovenia, 25–30 September 2023)
- Call for Proposals: Small Workshops in EnvHist
- Call for expressions of interest to host the ESEH Biennial Conference 2025
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments