The Center for Ecological History at Renmin University of China and the Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society in Munich are organizing a conference titled Manufacturing Landscapes: Nature and Technology in Environmental History. The conference will be held on 28-31 May 2015 at Renmin University in Beijing.
The conveners are looking for papers on such topics as, for example, the transformation of plants, animals, and genes into “organic machines,” the impact of water or electric power production on natural systems, mining as an intervention in nature, the perception of nature through the changing lens of technology and innovation, and the ecology of industrialization.
The deadline for consideration is 1 January 2015.
Further details are available in the full call for papers below.
- 4th WORLD CONGRESS OF ENVIRONMENTAL HISTORY: Transitions, Transformations and Transdisciplinarity: Histories beyond History (Oulu, 19-23 August 2024)
- ESEH Bern 2023: January updates!
- Call for Submissions: The Bristol-Bern Prize in Public Environmental History (2Bs Prize)
- European Society for Environmental History (ESEH): Call for Nominations for Elected Positions
- Call for Writing Support Programme 2023