The Politics of Freshwater: Access and Identity in a Changing Environment
March 14-16, 2013
Middlebury College, Vermont, USA
New deadline for submissions: 30 November 2012
Papers in this interdisciplinary conference will focus on different processes contributing to water scarcity, such as land use decisions, privatization, pricing, damming, commoditization and climate´change, and on ways to improve peoples’ relationships to the freshwater systems they depend on. In addition, the organizers hope to have one session on themes of water in the humanities (philosophy, religion and literature).
Limited funds are available to support travel and lodging for people from developing countries.
Further details are available in the full call for papers.
- 11th ESEH Ordinary General Meeting 2021
- ESEH 2021 Digital Meeting: 8-9 July
- ESEH 2021 Digital Meeting: Program is Out Now
- Environmental History in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Slovenia: Developments, State and Perspectives
- ESEH 2022 and 2023 Conferences Announced