The Politics of Freshwater: Access and Identity in a Changing Environment
March 14-16, 2013
Middlebury College, Vermont, USA
New deadline for submissions: 30 November 2012
Papers in this interdisciplinary conference will focus on different processes contributing to water scarcity, such as land use decisions, privatization, pricing, damming, commoditization and climate´change, and on ways to improve peoples’ relationships to the freshwater systems they depend on. In addition, the organizers hope to have one session on themes of water in the humanities (philosophy, religion and literature).
Limited funds are available to support travel and lodging for people from developing countries.
Further details are available in the full call for papers.
- 4th WORLD CONGRESS OF ENVIRONMENTAL HISTORY: Transitions, Transformations and Transdisciplinarity: Histories beyond History (Oulu, 19-23 August 2024)
- ESEH Bern 2023: January updates!
- Call for Submissions: The Bristol-Bern Prize in Public Environmental History (2Bs Prize)
- European Society for Environmental History (ESEH): Call for Nominations for Elected Positions
- Call for Writing Support Programme 2023