The Politics of Freshwater: Access and Identity in a Changing Environment
March 14-16, 2013
Middlebury College, Vermont, USA
New deadline for submissions: 30 November 2012
Papers in this interdisciplinary conference will focus on different processes contributing to water scarcity, such as land use decisions, privatization, pricing, damming, commoditization and climate´change, and on ways to improve peoples’ relationships to the freshwater systems they depend on. In addition, the organizers hope to have one session on themes of water in the humanities (philosophy, religion and literature).
Limited funds are available to support travel and lodging for people from developing countries.
Further details are available in the full call for papers.
- CfP: History of War and Environmental History: Interconnections and Entanglements–Niepołomice (Poland), 21-23 September 2023
- Summer school “Environmental History and Historical Ecology of the Dinaric Karst” (Slovenia, 25–30 September 2023)
- Call for Proposals: Small Workshops in EnvHist
- Call for expressions of interest to host the ESEH Biennial Conference 2025
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments