Comparative forest histories of the global north.
15-19 April 2013
Umeå University, Sweden
Credit 7,5 CTS
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2013.
This PhD course, taught by Professor Nancy Langston, offers students international and interdisciplinary perspectives on the history of boreal forests. We encourage students from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds to participate; the course will be particularly relevant for students in history, ecology, archaeology, and forestry.
To apply send a short application to Professor Erland Mårald, outlining your academic background and what you wish to get out of the course.
Further details are available in the full course description.
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments
- 4th WORLD CONGRESS OF ENVIRONMENTAL HISTORY: Transitions, Transformations and Transdisciplinarity: Histories beyond History (Oulu, 19-23 August 2024)
- ESEH Bern 2023: January updates!
- Call for Submissions: The Bristol-Bern Prize in Public Environmental History (2Bs Prize)
- European Society for Environmental History (ESEH): Call for Nominations for Elected Positions