Comparative forest histories of the global north.
15-19 April 2013
Umeå University, Sweden
Credit 7,5 CTS
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2013.
This PhD course, taught by Professor Nancy Langston, offers students international and interdisciplinary perspectives on the history of boreal forests. We encourage students from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds to participate; the course will be particularly relevant for students in history, ecology, archaeology, and forestry.
To apply send a short application to Professor Erland Mårald, outlining your academic background and what you wish to get out of the course.
Further details are available in the full course description.
- Calls from NEXTGATe: Dissertation Abstracts and Writing Support Programme 2020-2021
- Poul Holm, former ESEH President (2005-2007), gets support from the ERC Synergy Grant project fund
- Tallinn Dissertation Prize: Call for Submissions
- Third NEHT Workshop 2021 Environmental Histories of the Ottoman and post-Ottoman World The Anthropocene: From Empire to Nation-States
- The Ecology of Economic Thought: Online workshop, January 2021, Harvard and Uppsala