Comparative forest histories of the global north.
15-19 April 2013
Umeå University, Sweden
Credit 7,5 CTS
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2013.
This PhD course, taught by Professor Nancy Langston, offers students international and interdisciplinary perspectives on the history of boreal forests. We encourage students from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds to participate; the course will be particularly relevant for students in history, ecology, archaeology, and forestry.
To apply send a short application to Professor Erland Mårald, outlining your academic background and what you wish to get out of the course.
Further details are available in the full course description.
- CfP: History of War and Environmental History: Interconnections and Entanglements–Niepołomice (Poland), 21-23 September 2023
- Summer school “Environmental History and Historical Ecology of the Dinaric Karst” (Slovenia, 25–30 September 2023)
- Call for Proposals: Small Workshops in EnvHist
- Call for expressions of interest to host the ESEH Biennial Conference 2025
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments