ICTA-UAB is organising a summer school for masters and doctoral students (20 hours of lectures, 2.5 ETCS) about the global movement for environmental justice and socio-environmental conflicts, which will take place nearby Barcelona, July 2nd – July 11th 2012
The course is divided into three parts: a first introductory section on theoretical underpinnings of environmental justice and conflicts, a second section presenting and discussing cases and dimensions of environmental conflicts (including climate justice, hydric justice, mining, oil and forest resources conflicts, and urban conflicts) and a third section on mechanisms to address and redress environmental injustice and inequalities.
On July 5th and 6th there will also be an International Workshop on Environmental Justice and Conflicts, organized around keynote presentations and three roundtables. The workshop will take place at La Pedrera, a building designed by the architect Antoni Gaudí in the Eixample district of Barcelona.
Course + Workshop fee: 350€
Workshop only, including materials and coffee breaks: 40€
Deadline for Application: April 30th 2012.
Please send CV + one-page cover letter to Julien.Brun@e-campus.uab.cat.
- Report of the Tallinn Dissertation Prize Committee
- Environmental History Today — full program and abstracts
- Environmental History Today
- Critical Environmental History: Power, Resistance and Justice 11th March 2021, 8pm BST
- Calls from NEXTGATe: Dissertation Abstracts and Writing Support Programme 2020-2021