History Division, School of Arts Languages and Cultures, Faculty of Humanities, University of Manchester, UK
The History Division seeks to appoint a Presidential Fellow specialising in environmental history. Applications are welcome from researchers working on any historical period or geographical area, whose research is concerned with the environment, broadly defined. The successful applicant will join a school-wide environmental history research community that has strengths in the history of water, ‘natural’ disasters, maritime contacts, environment and health, and histories of the body. Preference may be given to candidates whose research can contribute to one or more of these themes. This is a permanent position. Closing date 3 April 2018.
More details are available here: https://www.jobs.manchester.ac.uk/displayjob.aspx?jobid=14696.
- Calls from NEXTGATe: Dissertation Abstracts and Writing Support Programme 2020-2021
- Poul Holm, former ESEH President (2005-2007), gets support from the ERC Synergy Grant project fund
- Tallinn Dissertation Prize: Call for Submissions
- Third NEHT Workshop 2021 Environmental Histories of the Ottoman and post-Ottoman World The Anthropocene: From Empire to Nation-States
- The Ecology of Economic Thought: Online workshop, January 2021, Harvard and Uppsala