The Moran Award for History of Science Research
Applications are invited for the 2012 Moran Award for History of Science Research.
Who is eligible?
Postgraduate students and other independent researchers with expertise in the history of Australian science.
What is its purpose?
To encourage use of the Basser Library collections, especially by younger researchers. It can be used towards travel and accommodation costs associated with going to Canberra
What is the value?
How many are available?
In general only one Scholarship will be awarded each year. However, this is at the discretion of the selection committee.
When do applications close?
Applications for 2012 close on 30 November.
What documentation is needed?
Applications should be limited to three pages and include a cv, a brief outline of the proposed project and the Basser Library collections to be consulted, and a budget. Please attach two referees’ reports to your application.
Where should applications be sent?
To the Librarian at the Australian Academy of Science,
either by post to GPO Box 783, Canberra ACT 2601
or by email to rosanne.walker [at] science.org.au.
When will the outcome be known?
All applicants will be notified by the end of the year.
Who is the contact for further information?
Phone +61 (0) 2 6201 9431
Note: Information on the Basser Library collections is available at www.science.org.au/basser/mslist.htm.
- Summer school “Environmental History and Historical Ecology of the Dinaric Karst” (Slovenia, 25–30 September 2023)
- Call for Proposals: Small Workshops in EnvHist
- Call for expressions of interest to host the ESEH Biennial Conference 2025
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments
- 4th WORLD CONGRESS OF ENVIRONMENTAL HISTORY: Transitions, Transformations and Transdisciplinarity: Histories beyond History (Oulu, 19-23 August 2024)