The first volume in The Environment in History: International Perspectives series has been published: Civilizing Nature: National Parks in Global Historical Perspective, edited by Bernhard Gissibl, Sabine Höhler, and Patrick Kupper.
This Berghahn Books series is peer reviewed by scholars affiliated with the Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society and the European Society of Environmental History.
The editors discuss the book in an interesting conversation published on the website of Berghahn Books.
- CfP: History of War and Environmental History: Interconnections and Entanglements–Niepołomice (Poland), 21-23 September 2023
- Summer school “Environmental History and Historical Ecology of the Dinaric Karst” (Slovenia, 25–30 September 2023)
- Call for Proposals: Small Workshops in EnvHist
- Call for expressions of interest to host the ESEH Biennial Conference 2025
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments