The first volume in The Environment in History: International Perspectives series has been published: Civilizing Nature: National Parks in Global Historical Perspective, edited by Bernhard Gissibl, Sabine Höhler, and Patrick Kupper.
This Berghahn Books series is peer reviewed by scholars affiliated with the Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society and the European Society of Environmental History.
The editors discuss the book in an interesting conversation published on the website of Berghahn Books.
- Calls from NEXTGATe: Dissertation Abstracts and Writing Support Programme 2020-2021
- Poul Holm, former ESEH President (2005-2007), gets support from the ERC Synergy Grant project fund
- Tallinn Dissertation Prize: Call for Submissions
- Third NEHT Workshop 2021 Environmental Histories of the Ottoman and post-Ottoman World The Anthropocene: From Empire to Nation-States
- The Ecology of Economic Thought: Online workshop, January 2021, Harvard and Uppsala