The Board of the European Society for Environmental History is seeking applications by doctoral student and post-doctoral researchers to join ESEH’s Next Generation Action Team 2018-2019 (NEXTGATe).
NEXTGATe’s mission is to strengthen the presence and influence of next generation scholars on the environmental history field in Europe and beyond. Successful applicants will collaborate with ESEH’s Next Generation Coordinator, Viktor Pál (University of Helsinki) and jointly plan pre-conference and on-site activities primarily for doctoral and post-doc researchers at the ESEH 2019 biennial conference in Tallinn, Estonia. Activities will include social media campaigns, virtual and live events, outreach activities, as well as career planning and publishing industry related events.
Depending on the strength of applications, three to five NEXTGATe members will be selected by the selection committee. Successful candidates who fill their tenure with NEXTGATe will be offered personalized travel grants to participate in the ESEH 2019 Conference in Tallinn.
To apply, please send the following documents to email@example.com:
- CV and possible list of publications
- A short text describing he goals, that you think NEXTGATe should tackle in 2018-2019 and how you could contribute to these activities
Deadline for applications is 31 March, 2018.
Questions regarding the application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4th WORLD CONGRESS OF ENVIRONMENTAL HISTORY: Transitions, Transformations and Transdisciplinarity: Histories beyond History (Oulu, 19-23 August 2024)
- ESEH Bern 2023: January updates!
- Call for Submissions: The Bristol-Bern Prize in Public Environmental History (2Bs Prize)
- European Society for Environmental History (ESEH): Call for Nominations for Elected Positions
- Call for Writing Support Programme 2023