The Board of the European Society for Environmental History is seeking applications by doctoral student and post-doctoral researchers to join ESEH’s Next Generation Action Team 2018-2019 (NEXTGATe).
NEXTGATe’s mission is to strengthen the presence and influence of next generation scholars on the environmental history field in Europe and beyond. Successful applicants will collaborate with ESEH’s Next Generation Coordinator, Viktor Pál (University of Helsinki) and jointly plan pre-conference and on-site activities primarily for doctoral and post-doc researchers at the ESEH 2019 biennial conference in Tallinn, Estonia. Activities will include social media campaigns, virtual and live events, outreach activities, as well as career planning and publishing industry related events.
Depending on the strength of applications, three to five NEXTGATe members will be selected by the selection committee. Successful candidates who fill their tenure with NEXTGATe will be offered personalized travel grants to participate in the ESEH 2019 Conference in Tallinn.
To apply, please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- CV and possible list of publications
- A short text describing he goals, that you think NEXTGATe should tackle in 2018-2019 and how you could contribute to these activities
Deadline for applications is 31 March, 2018.
Questions regarding the application should be sent to email@example.com.
- CfP: Socio-Environmental Transitions. Thinking and Acting on Possible Futures, 22-24 May 2024 (Peace and Conflict Institute University of Granada)
- Call for Proposals: 2024 ESEH Summer School in Environmental History
- Announcement: Conference Venue for ESEH 2025
- Turku Book Award 2023
- 2023 Tallinn Dissertation Prize Awardees