The European Society for Environmental History (ESEH) welcomes submissions for the St Andrews Article Prize in European Environmental History.
The prize is intended to reward innovative and well-written article-length research in the field of the environmental history of Europe. It will be awarded to an article published in 2015 or 2016. Applications are welcomed from senior and junior scholars from all countries, though some preference may be given to junior scholars from Europe. Articles on any subject in European environmental history and in any European language are eligible for the award.
The winner will receive a monetary award in the amount of 500 Euro as well as travel grant (if needed) to attend the 9th ESEH Conference from 28 June to 2 July 2017 in Zagreb, Croatia. Applicants are asked to submit their published article (or book chapter that is to be read as a stand-alone work) by email as a PDF file to email@example.com. If the language of publication is not English, applicants should include a one-page English summary.
We accept multi-author manuscripts but the nominations are limited to one article per main author. However, you can appear as a second or third author on other submissions. Please note that the financial award is a fixed amount, independently of the number of authors, and all the authors need to be notified of the submission. You can nominate articles by other authors but only on condition that the author is notified and agrees to the nomination.
Submissions must be received by 15 January 2017. The winner will be notified by the end of April 2017.
The St Andrews Article Prize in European Environmental History committee is composed of:
- Kati Lindström (chair; Department of Semiotics, University of Tartu)
- Peter Coates (Department of Historical Studies, University of Bristol)
- Péter Szabó (Institute of Botany, Czech Academy of Sciences)
Edit: This post has been modified on 13 October 2016 to reflect a clarification regarding the submission of multi-authored papers.
- 11th ESEH Ordinary General Meeting 2021
- ESEH 2021 Digital Meeting: 8-9 July
- ESEH 2021 Digital Meeting: Program is Out Now
- Environmental History in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Slovenia: Developments, State and Perspectives
- ESEH 2022 and 2023 Conferences Announced