The ESEH will make available a limited number of grants and registration fee waivers for ESEH members who will deliver papers or present posters at the 2019 ESEH Conference in Tallinn, but who would not be able to attend the conference without external support. These travel grants are intended for graduate students, independent scholars, and those from low-income countries.
ESEH will not be able to provide the full costs associated with attending the conference: each grant is intended rather as an encouragement than a full subsidy of travel or accommodation. The amount granted will be payable only in person at the conference desk in Tallinn, upon signing a declaration that this money is used solely for the academic purpose to join this conference.
Travel grant applications must use the application form and be sent by email along with supporting documents as a single PDF file.
The deadline for applications is 10 March 2019. The results will be announced by 20 April 2019.
ESEH Travel Grant Application form
- Summer school “Environmental History and Historical Ecology of the Dinaric Karst” (Slovenia, 25–30 September 2023)
- Call for Proposals: Small Workshops in EnvHist
- Call for expressions of interest to host the ESEH Biennial Conference 2025
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments
- 4th WORLD CONGRESS OF ENVIRONMENTAL HISTORY: Transitions, Transformations and Transdisciplinarity: Histories beyond History (Oulu, 19-23 August 2024)