The first ESEH/RCC Turku Book Award was conferred at the 6th biennial ESEH Conference, 28 June – 2 July 2011 to Stefania Barca for her book Enclosing Water. Nature and Political Economy in a Mediterranean Valley, 1796-1916 (Cambridge: White Horse Press, 2010)
The award committee consisted of Christof Mauch (ESEH/ RCC), David Moon (ESEH), Diana Mincyte (RCC), Phia Steyn (ESEH), and Franziska Torma (RCC).
- Calls from NEXTGATe: Dissertation Abstracts and Writing Support Programme 2020-2021
- Poul Holm, former ESEH President (2005-2007), gets support from the ERC Synergy Grant project fund
- Tallinn Dissertation Prize: Call for Submissions
- Third NEHT Workshop 2021 Environmental Histories of the Ottoman and post-Ottoman World The Anthropocene: From Empire to Nation-States
- The Ecology of Economic Thought: Online workshop, January 2021, Harvard and Uppsala