The European Society for Environmental History invites all members to nominate board candidates for election. Elections will be held at the Ordinary General Meeting of ESEH at its bi-annual conference in Versailles, France, on 1 July 2015.
Nominations of candidates for all posts on the Board are welcome, which includes:
- two Vice-presidents
- Financial Control Committee
Additionally we ask for nominations for Regional Representatives for the following regions which require new representatives:
- German speaking countries
Please send nominations to the chair of the Nominating Committee: Jan Oosthoek (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 1 February 2015 at the latest. Please include a one-page CV, or link to the webpage of the nominee, with details of the person’s current post, previous posts, degrees, main publications, research grants and projects, experience in academic societies, and any other information you find relevant.
Nominations of others will require the Nominating Committee to confirm willingness to serve. Self-nominations are possible and will be automatically included on the ballot. The Nominating Committee will follow-up on all nominations. ESEH has been working over the last few years to make the process of nominations and elections more open and democratic, and we have introduced competitive elections wherever possible. Thusnominations will be accepted for all positions regardless if the current holder is eligible for re-election.
For more information on ESEH, its offices and their description, please have a look at our statutes.
In case you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact the Chair of the Nominating Committee using the email address shown above.
- Summer school “Environmental History and Historical Ecology of the Dinaric Karst” (Slovenia, 25–30 September 2023)
- Call for Proposals: Small Workshops in EnvHist
- Call for expressions of interest to host the ESEH Biennial Conference 2025
- Call for Papers: Doctoral School on Eastern Mediterranean Coastal and Island Environments
- 4th WORLD CONGRESS OF ENVIRONMENTAL HISTORY: Transitions, Transformations and Transdisciplinarity: Histories beyond History (Oulu, 19-23 August 2024)